Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guest Blog: Michele Gordon w/ Wellness Wednesday - October 19th

Happy Wellness Wednesday Fresh & Co. fans!  Wednesdays are commonly known as the “hump” of our weeks, and is one of the reasons why I am so happy to write on this day to push you and help reach your goals. We, especially as New Yorkers, have to constantly deal with obstacles and be strong enough to get through them.  



When people ask me how I survive my long days and still have the energy to do more, my answer is simple: I find ways to get fitness into my day to feel strong and I eat right to feel nourished. More than ever, many of my family, friends, and clients are struggling with their weight loss and fitness plateaus.  This is a tough personal obstacle to get through since there are many factors that can come into play. This week, if you are trying to overcome fitness plateaus or hurdles at work, try monitoring your daily caloric intake and your physical activity with honesty. There are tons of free online tools or cell phone applications to help you, as well.  

A calorie is energy and we need a certain amount to keep our engines running.  Therefore, you want to have enough, but not too much than you can utilize.  Variety is key to getting through a challenge too.  Fresh & Co. is a great way to get exercise in. Walk or run to a location and nosh on satisfying combinations of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats.  Think: am I getting enough protein and fat in my diet? Is there a variety and ample sources of colorful fruits and vegetables throughout the day?  Am I trying to push myself at the gym, even just a little bit?

Releasing stress through exercising is a great way to have lasting energy throughout the day. Small things can greatly impact how you feel and perform in all aspects of your life.  Be patient with yourself and discover what is truly important to you, so you can take steps to being healthier, fitter, stronger, and happier.  I hope you stop by Fresh & Co. a day this week to help keep you on track! Feel free to contact me at michelegfit@gmail.com or on Twitter @MichelegFIT to help keep you motivated through some of the roughest times of your day or week

No comments:

Post a Comment